Re: [Pulp-list] Action Parameters

On 06/21/2010 04:29 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
On 06/21/2010 02:37 PM, Jason L Connor wrote:
Hi All,

I've been playing around with making our API conform to the restful
practices in the 'rest-practices' branch. While hacking away, I've
noticed that we don't really have any particular convention for the
format of parameters (read: body) passed into action POST calls.

There are a number of conventions we can adopt:

1. no convention: let each controller figure out the parameters it
expects and the order it expects them in.

-1

REST is free-flowing enough, lets not make it worse with no convention.

2. only one parameter: the body contains only a single parameter, which
can be a list or dictionary of multiple parameters.

still seems too untyped for me.  Even looking at the controller's

oops, never finished this sentence...

I meant to say:

I'd prefer the docs and code to be as specific as possible about the set of parameters our API accepts (optional and required). To just accept a bucket and tell everyone to stuff their params into the params bucket seems still too wishy washy for me.