Re: [Pulp-list] Selective Syncing

 On 11/03/2010 12:23 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
On 11/02/2010 04:48 PM, Todd B. Sanders wrote:
   https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/SelectiveSync

Plan is to tackle this during Sprint 18.  Comments?

would the selectiveness 'stick' for scheduled syncs? Is this a mechanism to setup a filter on what you want to sync into a repo?

Mike

Good question. I hadn't really thought of this in terms of a re-occuring scheduled sync, more of a manual real-time operation. The intent was: 1) show me the available updates in the parent repo (i.e. what could be sync'd), and (2) select a set of content to sync (i.e. single errata, or list of packages). The only important caveat was that this functionality would only be available for local syncs (i.e. between two Pulp managed repos). Think of cloning errata from RHEL-Server-i386 to RHEL-Server-i386-clone in current Satellite. That said, we do have a item on the backlog for "filters" or "blacklists" on a repo; but this is a different item.

-Todd