Re: [Pulp-list] CLI for Search

On 11/15/2010 09:30 AM, John Matthews wrote:
Is there a benefit to having search operations all located under a search module, as it's implemented today?  Or is it better for a user if they have search calls spread out through the module they use.  For example:

Option #1:
pulp-admin search packages
pulp-admin search errata
pulp-admin search consumers

versus

Option #2:
pulp-admin package search
pulp-admin errata search
pulp-admin consumer search

Option #1 is currently implemented for packages, but it sounds like the team might prefer Option #2.  I'd like to confirm the desire, then will change if needed.

Based on our current CLI architecture, the first class objects are the main commands and actions are sub commands. So to me 'search' is an action, so it makes sense to me that a search be on the first class object rather than the way it to today.

So I would say +1 to option#2.