[Pulp-list] API Docs

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 22:03:14 UTC 2010

On 11/15/2010 11:47 AM, Jason Dobies wrote:

> I use rememberthemilk.com for my todo list site of choice and recently
> started digging into its APIs for a pet project. Their site has pretty
> solid docs so I figured I'd throw the link out there as inspiration:
>
> http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/api/methods/
>
> Their "Authentication" section in each method might be a good starting
> point for a model for ours once we get roles in play. For example:
>
> "This method requires authentication with write permissions."
>
> They are also pretty good with marking parameters as required/optional.

FYI:

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-API-Documentation

was the inspiration for the style I chose at the beginning of Pulp's life

I like how both RTM and Twitter have a main page with a list of *all*
the functional areas and their methods, then each takes you to ao
'detail' page for the functional area.