Re: [Pulp-list] API Docs

On 11/15/2010 11:47 AM, Jason Dobies wrote:

I use rememberthemilk.com for my todo list site of choice and recently
started digging into its APIs for a pet project. Their site has pretty
solid docs so I figured I'd throw the link out there as inspiration:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/api/methods/

Their "Authentication" section in each method might be a good starting
point for a model for ours once we get roles in play. For example:

"This method requires authentication with write permissions."

They are also pretty good with marking parameters as required/optional.

FYI:

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-API-Documentation

was the inspiration for the style I chose at the beginning of Pulp's life

I like how both RTM and Twitter have a main page with a list of *all* the functional areas and their methods, then each takes you to ao 'detail' page for the functional area.