Re: [Pulp-list] Handling Uploads to repos with feed

Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
Should we allow the case where, user creates a repo with a feed, syncs down the content and then tries to upload additional content to the same repo?

Pros:

* A user probably will have an easy time adding custom content to their repos without having to create new repos

Cons:

* We need to regenerate metadata for the repo. Today we get the metadata for repos with feed directly from the feed. * Will need to worry about what version of RHEL/Fedora pulp is running on for compatible yum metadata. * For Red Hat repos, we probably dont want to allow this anyway. So we'll need some extra rules to bypass this.

Overall seems like keeping uploads separate from feed repos is cleaner. User can always create a new repo, upload content and subscribe to both repos to get that additional content.
Agree with Prad. Costs are too high as compared to gain. I vote for not allowing user to upload additional content to repo with a feed.

Lemme know your feedback.

~ Prad