Re: [Pulp-list] Repository cloning design

Todd B. Sanders wrote:
 On 10/12/2010 03:56 AM, Sayli Karmarkar wrote:
I have added design approach for supporting repository cloning at:
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryCloning

Feel free to add your thoughts / suggestions to wiki or in this email thread.

Thanks,

Thanks Sayli.

* I'm not sure I see the benefit in modeling a parent_repo or a cloned_repo. Why treat this any different that a repo with a feed?Not even sure that we need to persist the parent_id. What specific use cases lead you to believe that model changes are required?

I was thinking we might have to know about the relationship between a parent and a cloned repo. Adding parent_repo_id to Repo model will permit that. Example usecase: What happens when a parent repo of a feeded cloned repo is deleted? We need to either delete cloned repo or make it feedless.

*Yes, errata is a requirement. In the end, these are repos, and should have the same functionality.
Sorry I was sort of vague in explaining this. What I meant is - do we want functionality of cloning with selected errata (similar to what we have in spacewalk )? By default cloned repo will have all errata from parent repo.

-Todd

--
Sayli Karmarkar
skarmark redhat com