[Pulp-list] Enable/Disable Repository Publishing

Please take a look at the below Wiki for thoughts on implementing "Repository Publishing".
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryPublishing

The intent of this feature is to enable/disable publishing of a repository through Apache. If a repo is 'published', then it is available through Apache. If it is not published it won't be available through Apache.

I'd like some input for what the team thinks would be good for actually implementing the logic for enable/disable. We came up with two thoughts: 1) Add logic to the PythonAuthenHandler to lookup the publish flag from mongo for each request
 2) Manipulate symbolic links under the directory serving content

Thanks,
John