Re: [Pulp-list] Enable/Disable Repository Publishing

On 10/18/2010 03:19 PM, John Matthews wrote:
Please take a look at the below Wiki for thoughts on implementing "Repository Publishing".

The intent of this feature is to enable/disable publishing of a repository through Apache. If a repo is 'published', then it is available through Apache. If it is not published it won't be available through Apache.

I'd like some input for what the team thinks would be good for actually implementing the logic for enable/disable. We came up with two thoughts: 1) Add logic to the PythonAuthenHandler to lookup the publish flag from mongo for each request
 2) Manipulate symbolic links under the directory serving content

Only disadvantage I see of doing it at AuthenHandler level is we end up doing that check for every single call from client no matter whether its a repo or package request. Not sure how expensive hitting mongo on every single request is. Doing it at file system symlink level might probably be less expensive that way.

~ Prad

Pulp-list mailing list
Pulp-list redhat com