Re: [Pulp-list] Enable/Disable Repository Publishing

On 10/18/2010 02:27 PM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
On 10/18/2010 03:19 PM, John Matthews wrote:
Please take a look at the below Wiki for thoughts on implementing
"Repository Publishing".
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryPublishing

The intent of this feature is to enable/disable publishing of a
repository through Apache. If a repo is 'published', then it is
available through Apache. If it is not published it won't be available
through Apache.

I'd like some input for what the team thinks would be good for
actually implementing the logic for enable/disable. We came up with
two thoughts:
1) Add logic to the PythonAuthenHandler to lookup the publish flag
from mongo for each request
2) Manipulate symbolic links under the directory serving content

Thanks,
John

Only disadvantage I see of doing it at AuthenHandler level is we end up
doing that check for every single call from client no matter whether its
a repo or package request. Not sure how expensive hitting mongo on every
single request is. Doing it at file system symlink level might probably
be less expensive that way.

+1

~ Prad