Re: [Pulp-list] Enable/Disable Repository Publishing

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 15:19 -0400, John Matthews wrote:
> Please take a look at the below Wiki for thoughts on implementing
> "Repository Publishing".
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryPublishing
>
> The intent of this feature is to enable/disable publishing of a
> repository through Apache.  If a repo is 'published', then it is
> available through Apache.  If it is not published it won't be available
> through Apache.
>
> I'd like some input for what the team thinks would be good for actually
> implementing the logic for enable/disable.  We came up with two thoughts:
>   1) Add logic to the PythonAuthenHandler to lookup the publish flag
> from mongo for each request

Just a comment here: I don't think that hitting mongo is any more
expensive that setting up a tcp connection, so I don't think performance
is really an issue.

That said I still like the 2nd approach better.

>   2) Manipulate symbolic links under the directory serving content

I like this approach better in that it keeps the required logic to a
minimum and uses mechanism provided for us by the platform.

So, in conclusion, +1 to #2 :)

--
Jason L Connor
Software Engineer