[Pulp-list] Repo cloning cli

Sayli Karmarkar skarmark at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 17:38:29 UTC 2010

We want to support 3 types of feed for repo cloning:
1. Feedless.
2. Parent repo as a feed. Essentially content of repo on pulp server is
a feed for cloned repo.
3. Parent's feed. So repo and its clone point to the same feed.

In order to support 3rd feed type, we need to make changes to cli. Here
are a couple of options:

Options 1:
pulp repo clone --id= --clone_id=  --feedless
pulp repo clone --id= --clone_id=  --feed=default/parent
where default is Case 2 and parent is Case 3 above.

Option 2:
pulp repo clone --id= --clone_id=  --feed=default/parent/none

I am not really happy with using "default" and "parent", but can't think
of any better short names for these feed types. Any better suggestions?

~SayliK

--
Sayli Karmarkar
skarmark at redhat.com