Re: [Pulp-list] repo sync and the pulp-admin client

On 09/17/2010 10:47 AM, Jason L Connor wrote:
Hi All,

I've put repo sync progress into the the pulp-admin client. I've also
added a GET handler on the uri: /pulp/api/repositories/<id>/sync/, that
returns a list of the recent sync operations including an on-going one,
if applicable.

So here's what I'm thinking. Currently the repo sync command waits for
the repo sync to complete, while (now) displaying progress information.
I want to also allow the command to start a sync and exit, and a second
command to check on the status of the sync.

So I'm looking for suggestions for the following:

* What should the second command be called?
  (I'm leaning toward: syncstatus)

- syncstatus sound good to me.
* What should the default behavior of repo sync be?
  (I'm leaning toward: start the sync and exit)

- How about default to run in foreground and have a flag (--silent) to put the sync in background and exit.