From: "Sayli Karmarkar" <skarmark redhat com>
To: "pulp-list" <pulp-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 1:28:39 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Pulp-list] Consumergroup add_keyvalue error handling

As we decided in key-value attributes deep dive, I am making changes to
consumergroup to make key_value_pair a property of consumergroup (not
just consumer). That will make sure that consumers added to the
consumergroup AFTER setting a key-value property of the group will also
inherit that property. This complicates error handling a little bit.

Let's say I have consumer1 and consumer2 registered to the pulp-server
and I add key-value {location : rdu} to consumer1. consumer1 and
consumer2 belong to consumergroup "testgroup". When I try to add
key-value {location : sea} to this group, should it -
1. fail saying consumer1 already has  different value for that key ?
2. override key-value for consumer1 to {location : sea} ? (basically
delete location key from consumer1, so there is no conflict)
3. fail, unless --override flag is set ?

Same error handling will need to be added when adding a consumer to
consumergroup.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

--
Sayli Karmarkar