Re: [Pulp-list] Bulk Repo Creation - Thoughts/Comments?

On 03/31/2011 08:51 AM, Todd B Sanders wrote:
On 03/30/2011 05:49 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
On 03/30/2011 01:22 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:

On 03/30/2011 04:22 PM, Jason L Connor wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 14:55 -0400, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
I'd say we drop "rhn", and determine local from feed url;
http(s)://
-> remote and file:// -> local

-Todd

yea if we can drop rhn; that should make things easy to determine.

~ Prad

+1
Yes please. I've always found the syntax of (yum|rhn|local):<uri>
confusing.

Same. I haven't had time to really think about this thread, but I agree
that that part has always thrown me off. I still forget it from time to
time.

what happens when the remote repo is a deb repo? Or the remote repo is just an http
collection of files? or if the remote repo is a maven repo? etc... http or https doesn't
necessarily always mean the remote location is a yum based repo.

hence, the requirement for a type. I'd hesitate to drop type all together if we want to
make pulp support multiple types of repositories in the future but we could *default* to
yum for http/https based repos but allow for overrides if a type is specified.

Mike

Totally agree Mike. My suggestion is to (1) drop the prefix on the feed and (2) add a
--content-type attribute (i.e. yum, deb, file, puppet, etc)

I like the content-type attribute better then the url prefix. But, I also like Pradeep's suggestion that we scan the url and determine the type. Perhaps, the content-type and be optional. When specified we use it, else we scan the url and determine it.

-Todd