Re: [Pulp-list] Task Scheduling Question

On 04/08/2011 12:31 PM, Jason L Connor wrote:
On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 11:16 -0400, Jay Dobies wrote:
Say I create a new repo A with an interval scheduler and a start time.
If I'm understanding the implementation correctly, that means that at
all times, there will be a task on the queue for "sync repo A" (either
executing or the next scheduled run of it).

What happens if I go through pulp-admin and call repo sync on A? I
suspect the task will fail to queue since it'll trip the uniqueness
check.

If that's not the case, the rest of this email is invalid.

This is a great catch and yes, it's going to be a problem with the way
we do our "uniqueness" checking right now. It's also an issue as there
are currently no dependencies defined between tasks.

Great catch, Jason.

We'll have to revisit this check today.

Much of this issue can be made moot by resource locking, which we don't
currently have.

I'll also look at this issue, and see if it can be resolved today.