Re: [Pulp-list] QPID Issue Summary

On 04/12/2011 11:50 AM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
Todd,

Here's where we are with outstanding QPID related bugs:

692876 - package install hangs because gofer agent became unresponsive

The comments in this bug suggest (2) different issues and were split out into (2) separate bugs.

What are the two bugs? I assume one in the yum file descriptor leaking, which we fixed on our end?

This bug remains to call attention to David's objection to the perception to the user when, for whatever reason, the agent does not respond. This isn't a defect but we need to put some more thought in to the flow to mitigated this perception beyond what we did with the heartbeat.

The heartbeat was introduced to address this, correct? Do you have any thoughts on how we expand that to be a fail-safe in all situations?

Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint.

692891 - gofer becomes unresponsive w/ Enqueue capacity threshold exceeded error

This bug pertains to a specific exception that caused us to stop using the qpid-cpp-server-store. It's my understanding that only David has seen this since we moved away from using the server-store on an F13 box. He's been running some automated testing in an attempt to reproduce it without success. So, thread to RHUI? I /think/ low but the nature of this bug is such that I really cant say for sure. There is always the possibility that the pulp qpid consumer stopped consuming heartbeats when David saw this and it was legitimate error. Not sure until we can reproduce and snoop around.

Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint and continue debugging.

Ok.

695761 - QPID (python) driver goes crazy when VPN dropped between client and broker

This issue was originally reported by bkearney but I have been able to reproduce. I don't think this presents risk to RHUI because the only way I've found to reproduce involves a VPN. I've sent this information to the python-qpid maintainer Rafael Schloming on several occasions (last email on 2/8 with no response).

Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint and continue debugging.

Possible that we could submit a patch to python-qpid to address the issue?

-Todd

Thanks,

jeff