Re: [Pulp-list] Performance Testing

On 4/14/11 5:16 PM, Cliff Perry wrote:
On 04/14/2011 03:05 PM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
As part of the performance testing story, spent some time and added more
info to our existing Performance Testing document. I did a further break
down on areas we might want to look into per component. I also added few
tools that i have used before or ran into that could be useful. This is
just a start and looking for some discussion to go around it.

Please feel to add or update any further areas you can think of and feel
free to share any tools you have come across.

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/PerformanceTesting

Thanks,
~ Prad

Wiki looks quite comprehensive.

Maybe consider this option for createrepo - see if it helps or not:

       -c --cachedir <path>
Specify a directory to use as a cachedir. This allows createrepo to create a cache of check- sums of packages in the repository. In consecutive runs of createrepo over the same reposi- tory of files that do not have a complete change out of all packages this decreases the pro-
              cessing time dramatically.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add a test with -c option on createrepo and see if it helps.

For bug 527288 Mirek Suchy used some sort of python code analyser, which was able to find performance issues - this allowed him to clean up code and improve performance. I do not know what program it was though - if you want to ask him.

Sure, I'll poke Mirek on this.

Thanks,

~ Prad

Cliff