Re: [Pulp-list] API path changes request

On 12/06/2011 09:40 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On 12/07/2011 12:32 PM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
We already did this as soon as the change went into pulp and lzap
already opened a corresponding bug for katello. Here is the bug
753813 for katello. Also this will be in our release notes when the
next CR goes out.

For those of us running development systems directly against upstream
(or against the QE builds), an explicitly marked notice on pulp-list
would still be helpful.

On past projects I've been on the other side of it, the consuming project that has APIs change out from under him. It's definitely frustrating to have stuff randomly break out from under you when you're in the middle of something. I'm all for using just about all possible communication channels to warn people ahead of time.

(Obviously excluding the v2 APIs - since those are still under active
development, I *know* I'm building on sand for the time being and can
expect the URLs to change underneath me until Jay pronounces them stable)

Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp