Re: [Pulp-list] API: Consider to only return JSON parseable results

On 12/10/2011 07:23 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
I'm up in the air on what delete should return. The serialized objects
that were deleted? A JSON report with some info on the delete such as
how many items were deleted? I'm open to suggestions.

If the deletes end up being asynchronous as well, then I guess the task information might be a valid option.

Otherwise, I don't think it matters all that much, so long as whatever *is* returned is valid JSON so that returns can be parsed unconditionally in server interaction code. For example, "TRUE" would work for that, but a bare TRUE fails.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane