Re: [Pulp-list] Feedback on sync_repo() result reporting for v2 plugins

On 12/13/2011 04:28 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On 12/14/2011 06:49 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
I'm not ignoring this, I'm just so deep into the unit association stuff
that I'm afraid I'd do physical damage to my brain if I were to try to
shift gears and think about this. I'll take a look in the next few days.

No worries - the "jam it all into the exception message" approach is a
tolerable workaround for the moment, since the key requirement is for
admins to be able to see the partial sync logs for jobs that fail, so
they have some chance of figuring out what went wrong.

I just wanted to bring it up as something to look at before the plugin
APIs are declared stable.

Well there's the trick. I'm gonna go the Google route and call them "beta" for as long as possible so I can always make these changes and tell people the APIs were never stable. :)

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Jay Dobies