Re: [Pulp-list] pulp and pulp-cds development path

On 12/17/2011 01:30 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
To follow up on an irc discussion with Jay, I'd like to start a bit of discussion about the development path for the cds portion of pulp.
I haven't really found a feature development roadmap or idea/request list for pulp-cds, so I want to see how other users envision the cds working.
I'd like to pose a question to the other users on the list to see what they'd like to see built into the cds package, or how they use the CDS.

Thoughts and ideas?

George Orwell

Pulp-list mailing list
Pulp-list redhat com

At a high-level the vision for the CDS is to grow into a "scalable mirrored proxy" in 2012.  So what does that mean???

1. Horizontally scalable distribution mirror for content.
2. Http Proxy for inbound Rest API traffic; bridging network segments.
3. QPID Proxy (broker) for command & control; single pane of glass.

We've started to capture some of the thinking here: https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/CDS-Public-Cloud

Glad to see this discussion starting.  We'll be defining/gathering CDS specific requirements over the next month or so.