[Pulp-list] Client configuration made easier

After replacing the pulp agent with a gofer (agent) plugin, configuring the client to use a remote qpid server became less intuitive. The intent was for pulp's use of gofer to be an implementation detail not exposed to pulp users. But, ...

Today, in fixing (669484 & 669498), I pushed changes to make client configuration more intuitive for pulp users again. The pulp (gofer) plugin descriptor new references the server.host in /etc/pulp/client.conf for the qpid broker url. This means editing the /etc/gofer/agent.conf is no longer necessary. Further, I symlinked 'pulp-agent' to 'goferd' in /etc/rc.d/init.d. This creates pseudo service like 'pulp-server' but for the agent. When configuring a client (consumer) to connect to a remote pulp server the steps are as follows:

1) edit /etc/pulp/client.conf and change the server.host
2) service pulp-agent restart

Done.

wiki/ug updates to follow.

Hope this helps,