Re: [Pulp-list] Simple ping service

On 02/17/2011 03:39 PM, Mark Wagner wrote:

Hmmm, seems like that would say that the server is up but gives no
indication that the connection to the database is still alive, etc.
Perhaps storing the version or even updating a counter in the DB
would ensure that the entire path is alive.  You could also expand
the scope and measure the latency for a db write to get an idea of
the load / response times.

Disclaimer, not sure of the initial scope of your work so this may
be a bit off...

Before I start working I would like to discuss the possibilities.

I would create new document in Mongo called "properties" (?) with a key-value structure. And two initial values, something like:

{ key: "version", value: "0.138" }
{ key: "ping_count", value: "0" }

The ping service would return this (increasing the counter every time):

{ result: "ok", version: "0.138" }

During the database migration the version number would be set.

Is this acceptable?

Thanks

--
Later,