Re: [Pulp-list] Simple ping service

On 02/18/2011 11:12 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
I would create new document in Mongo called "properties" (?) with a
key-value structure. And two initial values, something like:

{ key: "version", value: "0.138" }
{ key: "ping_count", value: "0" }

The ping service would return this (increasing the counter every time):

{ result: "ok", version: "0.138" }

During the database migration the version number would be set.

Is this acceptable?

No comments at all? You even like my document name "properties"? :-)

I wonder if its ok to create new document from the service itself. I guess it should be somewhere in the model but I am not familiar with it yet.

--
Later,
  Lukas "lzap" Zapletal