Re: [Pulp-list] CDS Binding Approaches

----- Original Message -----

> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/ExternalCDSBind
>
> I put together some thoughts on how we can handle binding consumers to
> CDS instances instead of/in addition to the Pulp server. I apologize
> if
> it's a bit tricky to read; I'm still struggling to come up with some
> terms to describe the different pieces.
>
> Please try to take a look before the 1pm meeting, but this is what
> we'll
> be talking about if you don't get a chance to look ahead of time.
>
> - --

While reading/thinking about this I felt there might be similarities in what we want to accomplish and what Fedora Infrastructure is doing with handling their mirrorlists. I only have a high level understanding, so I can't expand much just yet but I added some notes to the wiki.

I was thinking pulp could provide a mirrorlist in metalink format, this could have extra information on CDS's available that could be used by the clients to pick which 'host' to communicate to.  We'd need to learn more about what is currently supported in yum, maybe we could write a plugin so the clients could use this mirror info to determine for themselves which 'hosts' to communicate with?