Re: [Pulp-list] Client Refactoring

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 14:59 -0400, James Slagle wrote:
> I've put up a wiki page about the client refactoring stuff I'm working on.
> It's at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/ClientRefactoring
>
> I've gotten some initial feedback from jdob and have revised it a bit to
> incorporate those changes.  Please review it when you have a moment and
> feel free to send me any feedback.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> -- James Slagle
> --

Hey James,

I figured I put my 2ยข in on the client refactor. Just a heads up, I'm
writing this email as I'm reading the wiki page, so I apologize in
advance if it meanders a bit.

I take the "4 main goals" are the projected finished product of this
effort. I noticed the server proxy isn't mentioned as a separate
component. Do you see this as part of the API Library?

Under the API Library, what do you mean by "interactive mode" and what
will it buy us over using the python interpreter directly to explore the
API?

I really like the model classes. They make a lot more sense that the
argument heavy api we have today. However, how do you plan to map the
model classes to the appropriate rest call? Will the models themselves
know about the url paths?

Under the admin client, what is the difference between a plugin
architecture and what we have today with the command and action classes?
Question also applies to the consumer framework.

Under the consumer framework, do you envision the same plugins to be
used by both the command line tools and by the gofer daemon?

I'll save questions on the packaging for later, but it mostly looks sane
assuming that we go with the proposed changes.

--
Jason L Connor
linear on freenode #pulp