Re: [Pulp-list] Client Refactoring

Nice write up.

When you say:

<snip>
The consumer framework also receives messages for actions via gofer, passing them off to the appropriate plugins. When plugins register themselves, one of the important pieces of information they provide will have to be what gofer messages/actions they are meant to handle.
</snip>

Are you suggesting the pulp gofer/pulpplugin dispatch RMI to a consumer framework plugin? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to split up the gofer/pulpplugin into several gofer plugins that are each contributed by a client framework plugin RPM? The contributed gofer plugin could still call into the client framework plugin's modules to do the heavy lifting but we could avoid the extra registration/dispatch mechanism.