[Pulp-list] gofer 0.39 released

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 01:48:07 UTC 2011

All,

I tagged and pushed gofer 0.39 into the testing repo.  It contains a workaround to address
a concurrency issue in python-qpid that has been identified by the qpid team.  This change
in qpid session handling offers some performance benefits so even if the driver is fixed,
I don't intend to remove the workaround.  However, I will continue to press for
python-qpid to be patched.  Using 0.39, I am unable to reproduce QPID-3212 (and I strongly
suspect QPID-3218) which had been relatively easy to reproduced using gofer 0.38 (and
earlier).  This will be especially beneficial to CDS (RHUA) stability because the scenario
for reproducing these issues involved registration/un-registration of the CDS.

In addition, I moved a few log statements to INFO for better (messaging) traceability
during normal operations.

Please upgrade when you get a chance and let me know if you experience any messaging
related issues.

Thanks,

Jeff