Re: [Pulp-list] Determining a repo from the request URL

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 08:38 -0400, Jay Dobies wrote:

> > Jay,
> >
> > This problem is somewhat related to another issue we saw with relative paths and possible name collisions.  I spoke with dgao about this and he recommended a simple approach which I think will help my issue as well as yours.
> >
> > What if we prepend the repo-id to the relative_path, the URL structure becomes:
> > https://<host>/<pulp-repo-httpd-location>/<repo-id>/<repo-relative-path>/<requested-file-path>
>
> I like that. A lot. That also avoids the possibility that a user would
> nest repos. Nice call dgao.
>
> Let's give it a bit for others to comment, so maybe at the scrum we can
> talk about getting someone to pull the trigger on that change.

I'm not familiar with the background or requirements of the repo auth
code, so my comments may be out of context.

My concern with having a repo ID in the URL is that it requires you to
know that ID when granting access and it also prevents you from moving
content around. It just doesn't seem very flexible.

-- Dennis