Re: [Pulp-list] Repo Auth Requirements and Design

On 03/23/2011 04:28 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepoAuth

I updated the doc given today's discussions.

In short, there will be two granularities of repo auth.
- - Individual, which is what the original design covered, that allows
credentials to be specified on a per-repo basis. "Repo X is protected
but Repo Y isn't."
- - Global, which secures *all* repos under a single set of credentials
defined at the Pulp level instead of the repo level. "I have 30 repos
and I want to secure access to everything, and it'd be cumbersome to add
the credentials to each repo individually."

Do I need to add requirements to candlepin to support the global case? We only support the individual case right now. (Unless you create a product which is "everything". That is how IT does it today, they have a special cert which has a content set which is "/".

-- bk