[Pulp-list] HELP - Converting from crontab to interval scheduler

Hi All,

We are converting from using the crontab for scheduled repo syncs to
using a new interval scheduler (start_time, interval, iterations).

I'm looking for ways to properly handle this conversion for existing
repo schedules. Here some of the ideas I've had:
     1. Migrate the database and parse the repo schedule and convert it
        into an interval schedule that, as closely as possible,
        resembles the current crontab schedule. This has the drawback
        that we currently don't have the ability to parse the schedules
        in any meaningful way and I've no idea how long it would take to
        write/port one.
     2. Migrate the database and blank out any schedules we find,
        logging the fact, and writing messages to stderr for the user to
        check the log. This seems kinda dirty, but it's probably the
        easiest in terms of getting finished on time this sprint.
     3. Same as #2, but back up the original crontab schedule into a new
        repo field so that we can properly migrate it in the future.
     4. <You idea here>

I'm not super happy about any of these options, so feedback is both
welcome and needed at this point.

--
Jason L Connor
linear on freenode #pulp