Re: [Pulp-list] Bulk Repo Creation - Thoughts/Comments?

On 03/30/2011 01:22 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:

On 03/30/2011 04:22 PM, Jason L Connor wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 14:55 -0400, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
I'd say we drop "rhn", and determine local from feed url;
http(s)://
->  remote and file:// ->  local

-Todd

yea if we can drop rhn; that should make things easy to determine.

~ Prad

+1
Yes please. I've always found the syntax of (yum|rhn|local):<uri>
confusing.

Same. I haven't had time to really think about this thread, but I agree
that that part has always thrown me off. I still forget it from time to
time.

what happens when the remote repo is a deb repo? Or the remote repo is just an http collection of files? or if the remote repo is a maven repo? etc... http or https doesn't necessarily always mean the remote location is a yum based repo.

hence, the requirement for a type. I'd hesitate to drop type all together if we want to make pulp support multiple types of repositories in the future but we could *default* to yum for http/https based repos but allow for overrides if a type is specified.

Mike