Re: [Pulp-list] Agent: Package.install() API

Perhaps 'rebooted' being past tense suggests that the machine has
already been rebooted but what it means is the the 'shutdown -r <delay>'
command has been executed. The delay is designed to allow time for the
RMI reply to occur. Maybe the return should be:

{ installed : [], reboot_scheduled : <bool> }

Ahhh, ok, I get it.

I don't know much about the server-side of things. Where do we store that returned information? Is that just persisted in the task's return value or is there a more formal consumer audit trail concept?

I know this is about to fall under scope creep, but would we want to enhance this later to lay down a one-time run script that would ping the Pulp server after the reboot to say it completed? It's a neat idea but may be delving way more into the monitoring aspect than Pulp is looking to handle.

I kind of lean toward putting the units in the comments along with all
the other information about the property (I know, big surprise). But,
since you took the time to review this and comment ... how about I make it:

delay_minutes

Nah, it's totally up to you, comments are fine too. I was just throwing out a stylistic alternative.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126