Re: [Pulp-list] Agent: Package.install() API

Currently, we just grab it out of the task 'result' which has concerned
me lately. The more I work with katello and other external (non pulp
CLI) users of our REST API, the more I notice these kinds of things. For
the package (and package group) install flows which include errata, we
pass data back to the REST API call through the task which exposes our
internal tasking and manager layer to the REST caller. This has
concerned me for the past few days. I'm in the process of raising this
for discussion separately.

The reason I ask is because next week I was planning on putting together ideas for v2 repo history that will store much more reportable data on syncs, publishes, etc. I'm with you; I think we need to move more into that direction than using something as low level as tasking.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126