Re: [Pulp-list] Fedora 16, MongoDB and running from a source checkout

On 11/11/2011 02:02 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
I just upgraded my dev machine to F16 today and started getting the
following error:

$sudo service pulp-server start
/etc/init.d/pulp-server: line 41: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mongod: No such file
or directory

It seems that the default version of MongoDB in F16 has switched over to
using Upstart, so their init.d scripts are now missing.

Replacing each occurrence of "/etc/rc.d/init.d/mongod" with "service
mongod" got things working again for me, but would such a change work on
all the platforms that Pulp supports?

Cheers,
Nick.

Ah bugger. We've had on our radar to figure out a systemd solution. Looks like this is going to kick us into doing something.

I'm still liking the idea of a pulp-server script. That can take care of ensuring the proper services are running. That also gives us a place to hang our "init" operation off of since systemd won't support it.

I'd like to have this script be the one to run pulp-migrate too. Not saying to remove pulp-migrate, but to have this script be the one stop for all of the user's needs.

So supporting flags like:
* start
* stop
* init
* migrate (upgrade?)
* dump (bad choice of words; basically tar and gzip all of the relevant logs we'd want them to send us in a support case, how freakin cool would it be to have this in the script?)

Then we have a simple systemd script that calls into start and stop.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp