Re: [Pulp-list] Importer Sync APIs

On 11/22/2011 02:34 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
You could probably do something fancier by using exceptions, but "error
message or None" seems to cover all the important aspects.

OK, I've actually started experimenting with the config validation now and have discovered a couple of things:

1. Any exceptions thrown by the plugin will get caught and logged by the plugin manager. That's very useful to know, since it means I don't need to trap the exceptions thrown by my existing validator - I can just let them escape and Pulp will log the failure for me.

2. However, there appears to be a problem inside Pulp if validation fails - if I set the plugin to just return "False" all the time (or if it throws an exception), then I get a 500 Internal Server Error response rather than the expected 400 Bad Request error. (There wasn't anything obvious in the Pulp log or the Apache log to explain what was going on)

Now that I know about the first point, this isn't a blocker for me any more - I can use the logged exception information from pulp.log to debug the configuration code in my test client.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane