Re: [Pulp-list] Importer Sync APIs

On 11/22/2011 11:23 AM, Jason L Connor wrote:
On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 10:18 -0500, Jay Dobies wrote:
I'm unsure of how people would best want the return type. I can see
an
argument for wanting to organize by unit keys too.

So to that end, I'm returning a custom object (currently named
UnitBag,
but I may find something better) that offers a bunch of
transformations
(queries is probably a better term) on the set of units. So "give me
them by unit key" or "give me just the unit keys" or "give me them
mapped by ID". Stuff like that.

I guess I don't really see the point of this. I'd like to just see an
api that returns a list of ContentUnitData instances.

Perhaps the you can provide the best of both worlds and make the UnitBag iterable?

If you decide that plugin writer want more granulatiry on their queries,
the queries you're proposing could simply be methods on the conduit
instead on some new UnitBag object.