Re: [Pulp-list] Moving a Pulp instance to another server?

On 11/30/2011 11:43 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
On 11/30/2011 02:31 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
Hi,

I need to migrate a Pulp instance to a different physical machine. Is
there an existing list anywhere of what files need to be migrated to
bring the new instance up with the same data stored?

The configurations files in /etc/pulp obviously need to be saved and
restored, but I'm not sure what needs to be copied to preserve:
- the MongoDB data store
- the actual repo contents

Cheers,
Nick.

I've personally never done it and I'm not sure that list exists.

Tepo contents (and all the stuff you'll need for plugins and the like)
are all under /var/lib/pulp. That part is easy.

Mongo I _think_ is as simple as /var/lib/mongodb. You'll see in there
pulp_database.{0,1,ns} which I'd guess is the entire database contents,
but I don't know that for a fact.

OK, I'll try copying those 3 (/etc/pulp, /var/lib/pulp, /var/lib/mongodb), along with the Apache and iptables config, into a fresh VM and see if it comes up correctly.

Successful or not, I'll report the results back here.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane