Re: [Pulp-list] N00b: Pulp and Cobbler ?

I am actually just now setting up a similar environment. From what I can
tell, Pulp is better at managing repos with keeping track of package
versions, and can push updates out to the consumers without actually
interacting with the server (consumer).

I have been testing with adding a second non-ssl vhost to Pulp's apache
and using that url as the install/updates repos when kickstarting
(inside cobbler kickstart templates). Or you could just import the base
install trees into cobbler and just use that for installs. Each would work.

Any other important differences between the two? Some of their
functionality does overlap, but pulp is better at dealing with lots of
repos, and cobbler is great for managing kickstart stuff.