[Pulp-list] MongoDB Users

I don't think Pulp currently supports the ability to connect to a mongo database with user credentials.

Do we need to support this for Katello? I imagine that anyone looking to deploy Pulp in a production environment wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the mongo database without authentication.

We'd need to support it for both the server and pulp-migrate, but I'm pretty sure that stuff is written in a way such that if we change it in one place, it applies to both. We'd also need to document that "pulp-server init" would need the following done before it's run"
* mongo running ahead of time
* configured with a database called "pulp_database"
* the database is configured with user credentials
* /etc/pulp/pulp.conf has to be edited to include the database credentials

Todd, I'll leave it to you to add to the backlog appropriately based on if it becomes a Katello requirement.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126