[Pulp-list] Profiler APIS and Server <-> Consumer Communications

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 18:44:31 UTC 2011

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/PluginApis

The bottom of the above page describes the first pass at what consumer
profiler plugins will implement.

A consumer profiler is used to analyze a profile uploaded by a consumer
with it's bound repositories and determine what units can be
installed/removed/upgraded. These calls will be wired up to REST APIs so
users can retrieve this information to make decisions on what to do with
a given consumer.

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCServerConsumerComms

This page outlines how consumers and servers will talk back and forth.
In particular, the server -> consumer section talks a bit about how we
should handle calling remote operations from the server over a bus. A
lot of the ideas will correspond to the next generation of CDS
communications as well. It may not be 100% correct in terms of gofer or
best practices, so I'm looking for feedback in this area.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126