[Pulp-list] Profiler APIS and Server <-> Consumer Communications

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/PluginApis

The bottom of the above page describes the first pass at what consumer profiler plugins will implement.

A consumer profiler is used to analyze a profile uploaded by a consumer with it's bound repositories and determine what units can be installed/removed/upgraded. These calls will be wired up to REST APIs so users can retrieve this information to make decisions on what to do with a given consumer.

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCServerConsumerComms

This page outlines how consumers and servers will talk back and forth. In particular, the server -> consumer section talks a bit about how we should handle calling remote operations from the server over a bus. A lot of the ideas will correspond to the next generation of CDS communications as well. It may not be 100% correct in terms of gofer or best practices, so I'm looking for feedback in this area.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126