Re: [Pulp-list] Profiler APIS and Server <-> Consumer Communications

On 09/22/2011 01:44 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/PluginApis

The bottom of the above page describes the first pass at what consumer profiler plugins
will implement.

A consumer profiler is used to analyze a profile uploaded by a consumer with it's bound
repositories and determine what units can be installed/removed/upgraded. These calls will
be wired up to REST APIs so users can retrieve this information to make decisions on what
to do with a given consumer.

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCServerConsumerComms

This page outlines how consumers and servers will talk back and forth. In particular, the
server -> consumer section talks a bit about how we should handle calling remote
operations from the server over a bus. A lot of the ideas will correspond to the next
generation of CDS communications as well. It may not be 100% correct in terms of gofer or
best practices, so I'm looking for feedback in this area.

First pass, I made some minor tweaks and added an unregistered() API. We have this today to ensure that when the consumer is deleted via pulp-admin, the consumer certificate and other registration artifacts are removed and the agent disconnects from the bus.

More later.