Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp Beyond 1.0

On 04/03/2012 09:15 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
http://blog.pulpproject.org/2012/04/03/pulp-beyond-1-0/

Looks awesome.  I'd adopt pulp today if the remote filters worked.  Ha ha!

Just checking, does the v2.0 plan to support 'user-defined content' still mean software-repository-like content collections, or is pulp's function of content synch/distribution/deployment/etc. really being completely abstracted?

For v2.0, I like the idea of a plugin model. I'd write a plugin that performed extra processing on repos after synching: rebuild the metadata for filtered remote repos (ok, broken record here, and anyway I recall pulp might have done that for me anyway when I gave it a spin), and run repoview.

I'm betting that in v2.0, grinder will cease to exist as a separate entity and replaced with something new, sleek, pythonic and with real inherited OO classes. Of course it may live on for awhile in a deprecated plugin.

	John