Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp Beyond 1.0

Hi John,

If you want to see some of what is possible with the new repository
model in v2.0, you may want to take a look at PulpDist:
http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org

I'm using Pulp as the back end for an rsync-based mirrorring network
with REST API control over the individual jobs.

Rsyncing what sort of files?  RPM repos?

The pulpdist docs do answer my question: pulpdist is used to 'manage arbitrary directory trees', so really any content. From what I can tell, the same code to sync repos around could also sync video files around, and I could write a plugin analogous to my 'repoview' plugin to generate video thumbnails. One more plugin could tell a local database to start serving the now-locally-stored video from local content servers instead of remote ones. (Don't worry, I'm not really talking about putting pulpdist into anyone's production site. Yet. ;)

	John