[Pulp-list] Consumer Group - quick question on APIs

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 21:47:18 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I was looking over the Consumer Group APIs
(https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/UGREST-ConsumerGroups) and have a
few questions.

For the 'Create', 'Add consumer to a group' and 'Delete consumer from a
group' APIs, is it possible to provide a list of consumer IDs in the
request to Pulp?

     In many scenarios (create/add/delete), we'll already know a list of
consumers; therefore, we would prefer to minimize the number of requests
to the Pulp server.

For the 'Bind repository to consumer group' API, is this binding
required if we plan to use the consumer group install/update/uninstall
APIs or will pulp use the repositories that are already bound to a given
consumer?

     Note: we'll want to leverage these install/update/uninstall APIs to
minimize the requests to the pulp server; however, since each consumer
will already have repositories bound to them, it would be ideal to
leverage those consumer-repo bindings.

Thanks,
Brad