Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp 0.267: Triggering multiple simultaneous sync jobs on a v2 repo

On 04/11/2012 08:22 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
(I know, I know, 0.267 is old now when it comes to the v2 repos, but
it's going to be a while before I can move to a more recent version)

A nasty thought occurred to me today - I believe the coordinator for
conflict resolution on v2 repos isn't fully hooked up yet in 0.267, so
what happens when two simultaneous sync requests come in for a v2 repo
in that version?

Is there enough serialisation in place that the second one will block
waiting for the first one to complete? Or do I need to worry about
competing sync jobs until I upgrade to a newer version of Pulp where the
coordinator support has been integrated properly?

Regards,
Nick.

I'm 99% positive there's a hacky solution in place where the DB will store a flag saying if a sync is in progress and reject another one if requested. It won't block, it the request will just outright fail.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp