[Pulp-list] Puppet in the CLI

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCCLITypes

When first adding the RPM extensions, I knew we'd have to figure something out when we supported Puppet but decided to hold off on the decision and see how things took shape.

It's time to revisit the CLI structure and how to handle the fact that the Pulp team is now providing support for 2 different plugin packs, keeping in mind that that number may grow depending on what other types of content we decide to bite off and maintain as a team (or get contributed).

The page above describes my thought process in how to handle our admin CLI with multiple types. I included some chat conversations with the community on what they think as well.

It's pretty clear reading it which way I'm leaning. I'd like to come to a conclusion following the scrum meeting tomorrow, but I don't want to wait that long to hear any brilliant ideas you have on the issue since I'll probably start down a path this afternoon. So please reply to this or me personally if you have a strong opinion in any direction.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp