Re: [Pulp-list] Question on filters - Pulp v2

Partha Aji wrote:
I was trying to copy contents of a repo to another repo via filters based of https://pulp-dev-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/rest-api/content/associate.html.
Its seems to work okay, albeit a bit confusing when dealing with dependencies and regex cases. I was wondering if pulp had something similar to a "simulate copy" call to tell me what packages exactly will get copied over (including dependencies).

Hi Partha! I was just doing something like that today, in fact. One way to see what your filter matches is to search the repo units with the same filter you want to copy with. For example, if I want to copy RHSA errata from one repo to another, and I want to test that my filter works, I can try it like this:

$ pulp-admin rpm repo content errata \
> --filters='{"id": {"$regex": "^RHSA"}}' \
> --repo-id=repo_1 --fields=id

If that matches what I intended, I can run the same filter with the copy operation. Does that help?

--
Randy Barlow
Raleigh, NC, USA