[Pulp-list] add_package with --preserve metadata ?

Todd Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 12:32:50 UTC 2012

On 02/02/2012 05:38 AM, vishal.ud wrote:
> As far as i can see the add_package has no options has
> --preserve_metadata. After adding a package to a repo ,
> generate_metadata creates a metadata that uses a higher SHA value than
> --preserve_metadata does . Is there a workaround to this ?
>
> On 2/2/2012 2:44 PM, vishal.ud wrote:
>> Hello , i used pulp-admin repo create --preserve_metadata --id
>> centos5_os_x86_64 -- feed
>> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5/os/x86_64/ to create a repo and
>> it works flawlessly
>> I now have another repo with a similar --preserve-metadata option
>> created where i will be having all custom rpm's  wanted to  add a few
>> new rpm's to this newly created repo .
>> My question is using pul-admin package add i can add additional
>> packages to the repo . Does this command also run createrepo when
>> executed ? and if it does , is there an equivalent of
>> --preserve-metadata when using package add ? dont see much info in
>> the docs so i came asking here  :)

For repositories that you are not "mirroring", such as this custom rpm
repo, do not use the --preserve-metadata option when creating the repo.
Since you will managing package adds/removals via Pulp, the repodata
will need to be created locally. With regards to the checksum; if you
are wanting the repo to use "SHA1" vs "SHA256"; you can use the
--checksum_type when creating the repo initially.

-Todd