[Pulp-list] Update Required: Repository Structure Changes

I hate prefixing e-mail subjects with urgency like that, but RPMs are moving and you'll need to take action to be able to keep access to them.

With v1 coming soon, I needed to reorganize the repositories on repos.fedorapeople.org/pulp/pulp.

There will be two main branches off the root of the pulp directory. Within each branch are two sets of repositories, "stable" and "testing".

* v1 - The latest in the v1.x codebase, so 1.0 to start but potentially 1.1 and so on.
 * v1/stable - The current production version of Pulp (doesn't exist yet).
* v1/testing - Candidate builds for 1.x builds. In the beginning, the v1.0 candidates will be in here, but if we have need for a 1.1 and beyond those candidate builds will be in here as well (also doesn't exist yet, but soon).

* dev - Builds off of git master.
* dev/stable - Our current concept of a "community release". These are tied into our sprints and somewhat tested but not to the level of the v1 stable releases. * dev/testing - Our bi-weekly QE builds. Only for the most daring of Pulp users.

With each of the above 4 branches are builds for Fedora 15/16 and RHEL 5/6, both i386 and x86_64.

I've already updated the two .repo files at the pulp root to include definitions for all 4 repositories. The v1 repositories are currently disabled since we're not at the point of building them yet. Therefore, the community releases repository is the only one enabled by default in the .repo files, which was the behavior before the change.

That means in most cases the only steps you need to take are to re-download the appropriate .repo file. I'm leaving the existing structure in place until Friday, Feb 10th, after which the old .repo files will not longer work.

Ping me (jdob) with any questions.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp